Nease Athletics utilizes an online system for athletic clearance, AthleticClearance.com. The clearance process is explained below. Student-athletes are required to complete the clearance process prior to being permitted to participate in any team activities. Additional Nease Athletics information, including coaches’ contact information, can be found at NeaseAthletics.com.
Please keep in mind that the FHSAA requires all student athletes to view free NFHS video courses on concussions, heat illness, and sudden cardiac arrest (see instructions below). Signatures on the EL3 form indicate that your athlete has completed these three video courses. The FHSAA also requires that all student athletes have at least a 2.0 unweighted GPA to be eligible for participation.
|Sport||Start Date||Sport||Start Date||Sport||Start Date|
|Cross Country - Boys||7/31/2023||Basketball - Girls||10/30/2023||Baseball||1/22/2024|
|Cross Country - Girls||7/31/2023||Basketball - Boys||10/30/2023||Lacrosse - Boys||1/22/2024|
|Dance||Competitive Cheerleading||10/16/2023||Lacrosse - Girls||1/22/2024|
|Football||7/31/2023||Soccer - Boys||10/16/2023||Softball||1/22/2024|
|Golf-Boys||7/31/2023||Soccer - Girls||10/16/2023||Tennis - Girls/Boys||1/15/2024|
|Golf-Girls||7/31/2023||Weightlifting - Girls||10/9/2023||Track & Field||1/29/2024|
|Volleyball||7/31/2023||Wrestling- Girls||10/30/2023||Volleyball- Boys||2/12/2024|
Online Athletic Clearance Instructions:
- Visit www.AthleticClearance.com and choose your state (FL).
- First time users: Create an account, PARENTS/GUARDIANS will register with a valid email username and password.
- Returning Users: Enter login information and click “Sign In”. There is a “forgot password” option if you only remember the email used to create the account. If you create a new account docs/info will not rollover.
- Login using the email address that you registered with.
- Sign-In using your email and password that you registered.
- Select “Start Clearance Here” to start the process.
- School year in which the student plans to participate. Example: football in August 2023 would be the 2023-2024 School Year and Softball 2024 would be the 2023-2024 School Year and Spring Football 2024 would be the 2023-2024 School Year.
- School at which the student attends and will compete (Nease)
- Sport/s (we recommend that if the student will be participating in multiple sports, that those sports are added all at once)
- Complete all required fields for Student Information, Parent/Guardian Information, Medical History, Signature Forms, and upload a physical.
- Once you reach the confirmation message you have completed the online process.
- The student is not Cleared yet! This data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent.
Please ensure the following when completing the Athletic Clearance process:
- Student ID should be entered WITHOUT a preceding “S” - numeric ID only.
- If student is homeschooled, please enter their initials followed by their date of birth in student ID box. (ex. student David Smith with a birthday of June 1, 2007 would be entered as “DS06012007”)
- Ensure the MD had checked “cleared without limitations” and SIGNED/Dated page 4 of the physical.
- Ensure the box at the bottom of page 4 is completed in full by the parent.
- If student is a new transfer, they will need to also complete the GA4 FHSAA transfer form, which can be found on our website.
FHSAA Required Courses for All Athletes
The FHSAA has enacted educational requirements for participation in athletics. All coaches and student-athletes are required to complete the courses (see below) before the first practice date for their sport. Failure to comply with these policies may result in fines and/or sanctions.
- Policy 40.1.1 – All FHSAA member school head coaches, paid/supplemented coaches and student-athletes are required to annually view the FREE NFHS online education course “Concussion in Sports – What You Need to Know.”
- Policy 41.1 – All FHSAA member school head coaches, paid/supplemented coaches and student-athletes are required to annually view the FREE NFHS online education course “Heat Illness Prevention.”
- Policy 42.1.1 – All FHSAA member school head coaches, paid/supplemented coaches and student-athletes are required to annually view the FREE NFHS online education course “Sudden Cardiac Arrest.”
To view the courses:
Step 1: Go to www.nfhslearn.com.
Step 2: “Sign In” to your account using the e-mail address and password you provided at the time you registered.
If you do not have an account, “Register” for an account.
Step 4: Scroll down to the specific course from the list of courses.
Step 5: Click “View Course”.
Step 6: Click “Order Course.”
Step 7: Select “Myself” if the course will be completed by you.
Step 8: Click “Continue” and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the checkout process. (Note: There is no fee for these courses.)
Beginning a Course
Step 2: “Sign In” to your account using the e-mail address and password you provided at time of registering for an nfhslearn account.
Step 3: From your “Dashboard,” click “My Courses”.
Step 4: Click “Begin Course” on the course you wish to take.