- 8/23 @ PVIC Lagoon - Episcopal 292, Nease 316
(Low Nease player: Ryan Gear 72*)
- 8/25 @ Fleming Island GC - Nease 144, Fleming Island 159
(Low Nease player: Jackson Klauk 29...sets new school record for nine holes*)
- 8/28 @ WGV Slammer & Squire - Bolles 13 1/2, Nease 10 1/2 (Match play challenge; 8 singles matches with 3 points available to earn per match)
- 8/30 @ PVIC Lagoon - Nease 307, Creekside 322 (Low Nease players: Jackson Klauk 76, Chase McBride 76)
- September 2 @ Marsh Landing - Match w/ Episcopal postponed until October 13 due to weather
- September 8 @ Atlantic Beach CC - Match w/ Fletcher postponed until September 23 due to weather
- 9/9 @ PVIC Lagoon - Fleming Island 151, Nease 156 (Low Nease player: Chase McBride 37)
- 9/13 @ GC of Fleming Island - 7th of 17 teams at Randy Warren Invitational. Total score 308 (Low Nease player Chase McBride 76)
- 9/15 @ Glen Kernan CC - Nease 148, Episcopal 154, Providence 154 (Low Nease player: Jackson Klauk 35*)
- 9/16 @ Palencia - Nease 163, Fletcher 170 (Low Nease player: Ryan Nicholson 39*)
- 9/17 & 18 @ Hammock Beach Resort - 8th of 10 teams at Titan Invitational. Total score 307 - 297 -- 604 (Low Nease player Jackson Klauk 75 - 72 -- 147)
- 9/22 @ WGV Slammer & Squire - 3rd of 8 teams at St. Johns County Championship. Total score 301 (Low Nease player Declan McCarthy 73)
- 9/23 @ Atlantic Beach CC - Nease 149, Fletcher 165 (Low Nease player: Ryan Gear 36)
- 9/29 @ Atlantic Beach CC - 5th of 12 teams at Fletcher Invitational. Total score 301 (Low Nease player Ryan Gear 73)
- 10/5 @ Saint Johns G & CC - Bartram Trail 151, Nease 156 (Low Nease players: Jackson Klauk and Ethan Tak 36)
- 10/6 @ WGV Slammer & Squire - Tocoi Creek 155, Nease 163, Atlantic Coast 168 (Low Nease player: Ryan Gear 40)
- 10/11 @ PVIC Lagoon - Nease 142, Bartram Trail 155 (Low Nease player: Declan McCarthy 33*)
- 10/14 @ Palencia - Nease 157, Bishop Kenny 159 (Low Nease player: Jackson Klauk 38*)
- 10/26 @ Eagle Landing CC - 5th of 11 teams at 3A District 3 Championship. Total score 309 (Low Nease player: Jackson Klauk, 72) Klauk advances to Regional Championship as individual.
- 11/1 @ Links at Cypress Head GC - Jackson Klauk shoots 68 at 3A Region 1 Championship to qualify as individual for State Championship Finals
- 11/15-17 @ Mission Inn Resort - Jackson Klauk shoots 79-76-155 to finish T-28 at State Championship Finals
* Also medalist for event
2021 Team RosterDeclan McCarthy - Senior
Giles Pickens - Senior
Ryan Gear - Junior
Jackson Klauk - Junior
Ryan Nicholson - Sophomore
Jacob Brennock - Sophomore
Ethan Tak - Freshman
Chase McBride - Freshman
Sean Russo - Freshman
Max Cullen - Freshman
Thursday July 30 at the Palencia Club, St. Augustine. Monday August 3 at the King & Bear GC, St. Augustine Wednesday August 5 at the King & Bear GC, St. Augustine Thursday August 6 at the Palencia Club (optional make up day if prior rounds cancelled due to weather) Friday August 7 (optional make up day if prior rounds cancelled due to weather)
Tryout and Season Info
First tee time each day will be at approximately 3:00PM and each qualifying round will be 9 holes. All players will have the opportunity to arrive prior to the first tee time and use range and practice greens to prepare for that day’s round. Players need to bring their own clubs, golf balls and water. Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. Depending on the number of players attempting to make the team, cuts to the qualifying field may be made each day.
Also needed prior to the first qualifying round will be current physical and consent forms, which can be completed online via www.athleticclearance.com. There is also a “register” link on the Nease Athletics site that has links and explains the entire process. Athletes do not turn in paper copies of anything with the exception of the GA4 transfer form IF they’re coming from another school. This process MUST be completed prior to the start of qualifying.
Anyone qualifying for the team will be required to play a team fee of $200, which includes uniform and hat, transportation to away matches, banquet dinner at the end of the year, and team awards. If a team member does not have access to a suitable facility to practice and play, special pricing is offered by the Palencia Club for their junior golf membership.
The competitive season will run from August 10 through October. Home and away matches will be scheduled to begin from 3:00PM – 4:00PM and may require early release from classes. The schedule will consist of approximately 16 matches/tournaments, plus District Championship, Regional Championship and State Championship. A schedule will be published prior to the start of the season.
If you plan on qualifying for the team, please complete the following information sheet and provide to Coach Horner via email no later than July 15.