- 8/22 @ PVIC Ocean - T-3 of 10 teams at Back to School Invitational. Total score 294 (Low Nease player: Jackson Klauk 69*)
- 8/25 @ GC of Fleming Island - Fleming Island 142, Nease 144, Beachside 152 (Low Nease player: Ryan Gear 35)
- 8/29 @ PVIC Lagoon - Nease 294, Providence 318 (Low Nease player: Ryan Nicholson 70)
- 9/1 @ Marsh Landing CC - Match vs. Episcopal cancelled due to weather
- 9/7 @ Atlantic Beach CC - Nease 152, Fletcher 155 (Low Nease player: Ryan Nicholson 37*)
- 9/8 @ Palencia - Nease 144, Bartram Trail 166 (Low Nease player: Ryan Gear 35*)
- 9/12 @ GC of Fleming Island - 5th of 20 teams at Randy Warren Invitational. Total score 295 (Low Nease players: Ryan Nicholson & Chase McBride 73)
- 9/14 @ WGV Slammer & Squire - 4th of 9 teams at St. Johns County Championship. Total score 296 (Low Nease players: Cooper Diaz & Chase McBride 73)
- 9/17 @ Jacksonville Beach GC - 2nd of 8 teams at Jacksonville Beach Varsity Invitational. Total score 299 (Low Nease player Ryan Nicholson 72)
- 9/19 @ WGV Slammer & Squire - Nease 149, Atlantic Coast 153, Tocoi Creek 159 (Low Nease player Chase McBride 36*)
- 9/21 @ Atlantic Beach CC - t-5th of 11 teams at Fletcher Invitational. Total score 302 (Low Nease player Jackson Klauk 71)
- 9/23 @ The Conservatory at Hammock Beach - 3rd of 11 teams at Titan Invitational. Total score 302 (Low Nease player Jackson Klauk 67*)
- 10/4 @ Cimarrone CC - Nease 159, Bartram Trail 163 (Low Nease player Ryan Gear 39*)
- 10/13 @ Palencia - Nease 150, Beachside 156, Fletcher 172 (Low Nease player Ethan Tak 36)
- 10/17 @ PVIC Lagoon - Match with Fleming Island and Creekside cancelled due to weather
- 10/19 @ Eagle Landing CC - Nease 153, Clay 157, Middleburg 166 (Low Nease player Ryan Gear 35)
- 10/20 @ Marsh Landing CC - Bolles 149, Nease 163, Episcopal 174 (Low Nease player Jackson Klauk 35)
10/26 @ GC of Fleming Island - 1st of 9 teams at 3A District 3 Championship. Total score 293 (Low Nease player: Jackson Klauk, 70*)
10/31 @ Cypress Head GC - 7th of 12 teams at 3A Region 1 Championship. Total score 312 (Low Nease player: Jackson Klauk, 70). Klauk advances as individual contestant at State Championship Finals
- 11/8-9 @ Mission Inn Resort - Jackson Klauk shoots 70 to finish T-2 at State Championship Finals. Event shortened to 18 holes due to weather.
* indicates also medalist for the event
2022 Team Roster
Ryan Gear - Senior
Jackson Klauk - Senior
Jacob Adair - Junior
Cooper Diaz - Junior
Ryan Nicholson - Junior
Nick Adamonis - Sophomore
Max Cullen - Sophomore
Chase McBride - Sophomore
Evan Moumford - Sophomore
Sean Russo - Sophomore
Ethan Tak - Sophomore
Lawson Pickens - Freshman
Thursday July 30 at the Palencia Club, St. Augustine. Monday August 3 at the King & Bear GC, St. Augustine Wednesday August 5 at the King & Bear GC, St. Augustine Thursday August 6 at the Palencia Club (optional make up day if prior rounds cancelled due to weather) Friday August 7 (optional make up day if prior rounds cancelled due to weather)
Tryout and Season Info
First tee time each day will be at approximately 3:00PM and each qualifying round will be 9 holes. All players will have the opportunity to arrive prior to the first tee time and use range and practice greens to prepare for that day’s round. Players need to bring their own clubs, golf balls and water. Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. Depending on the number of players attempting to make the team, cuts to the qualifying field may be made each day.
Also needed prior to the first qualifying round will be current physical and consent forms, which can be completed online via www.athleticclearance.com. There is also a “register” link on the Nease Athletics site that has links and explains the entire process. Athletes do not turn in paper copies of anything with the exception of the GA4 transfer form IF they’re coming from another school. This process MUST be completed prior to the start of qualifying.
Anyone qualifying for the team will be required to play a team fee of $200, which includes uniform and hat, transportation to away matches, banquet dinner at the end of the year, and team awards. If a team member does not have access to a suitable facility to practice and play, special pricing is offered by the Palencia Club for their junior golf membership.
The competitive season will run from August 10 through October. Home and away matches will be scheduled to begin from 3:00PM – 4:00PM and may require early release from classes. The schedule will consist of approximately 16 matches/tournaments, plus District Championship, Regional Championship and State Championship. A schedule will be published prior to the start of the season.
If you plan on qualifying for the team, please complete the following information sheet and provide to Coach Horner via email no later than July 15.