The Nease Athletic Department will continue to use an online paperless registration system but will be transitioning from RegisterMyAthlete to AthleticClearance.com. The registration process is similar, and directions are included below. Our expectation is that every athlete will be registered by their parent/guardian before the start of the sport season’s tryouts. Please keep in mind that the FHSAA requires all student athletes to complete free video courses on concussions, heat illness, and sudden cardiac arrest. See direct link to this site on the Nease Athletics Webpage at NeaseAthletics.org.
ONLINE ATHLETIC CLEARANCE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Visit AthleticClearance.com and choose your state.
- Watch quick tutorial video.
- PARENT MUST REGISTER with a valid email username and password. You will be asked to type a code to verify you are human. If this step is skipped your account will not activate.
- Login using the email address that you registered with.
- Select “New Clearance” to start the process.
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. Example: Football in Sept 2019 would be the 2019-20 School Year.
- Complete all required fields for Student Information, Educational History, Medical History and Signature Forms. (If you have gone through the AthleticClearance.com process before, you will select the Student and Parent/Guardian from the dropdown menu on those pages).
- Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process.
- If you would like to register for additional sports/activities, you may check off those sports below the Confirmation Message. Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
- All this data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent.
Questions? Go to Support.AthleticClearance.com and submit a ticket.
FHSAA REQUIRED COURSES FOR ALL ATHLETES:
The FHSAA has enacted educational requirements for participation in athletics. All coaches and student-athletes are required to complete the courses (see below) before the first practice date for their sport. Failure to comply with these policies may result in fines and/or sanctions.
Policy 40.1.1 – All FHSAA member school head coaches, paid/supplemented coaches and student-athletes are required to annually view the FREE NFHS online education course “Concussion in Sports – What You Need to Know.”
Policy 41.1 – All FHSAA member school head coaches, paid/supplemented coaches and student-athletes are required to annually view the FREE NFHS online education course “Heat Illness Prevention.”
Policy 42.1.1 – All FHSAA member school head coaches, paid/supplemented coaches and student-athletes are required to annually view the FREE NFHS online education course “Sudden Cardiac Arrest.”
To view the courses:
Step 1: Go to www.nfhslearn.com.
Step 2: “Sign In” to your account using the e-mail address and password you provided at the time you registered.
If you do not have an account, “Register” for an account.
Step 3: Click “Courses” at the top of the page.
Step 4: Scroll down to the specific course from the list of courses.
Step 5: Click “View Course”.
Step 6: Click “Order Course.”
Step 7: Select “Myself” if the course will be completed by you.
Step 8: Click “Continue” and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the checkout process. (Note: There is no fee for these courses.)
Beginning a Course
Step 1: Go to www.nfhslearn.com.
Step 2: “Sign In” to your account using the e-mail address and password you provided at time of registering for an nfhslearn account.
Step 3: From your “Dashboard,” click “My Courses”.
Step 4: Click “Begin Course” on the course you wish to take.
For help viewing the course, please contact the help desk at NFHS. There is a tab on the upper right hand corner of www.nfhslearn.com. If you should experience any issues while taking the course, please contact the NFHS Help Desk at (317) 565-2023.